Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tutorial Thursday!

Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around. Look at my Pinwheel and see what I've found.Pinwheel, pinwheel, where have you been? Hello, how are you, and may I come in? Pinwheel, pinwheel spinning around. Look at my Pinwheel and see what I found.Pinwheel, pinwheel, breezy and bright. Spin me good morning, spin me good night!
These scream "Summer!" to me. I saw some at a shop a few weeks ago, big plastic ones for your yard, but they were so... well.. plastic-y and although they were rainbow, they just didn't seem as friendly as... oh say... handmade paper or fabric ones!


[source]

Big plastic one:
I think I remember these most from childhood- those metallic shiny pinwheels you'd blow into to make spin:



..and if you REALLY love them, you can get one in sterling silver:

- Beautiful pendant found on etsy! (95$ though.. yowch...)

So today's tutorial is pretty patterned paper pinwheels (OOOooohh alliteration!)

Step by step photos below but instructions over here! Hobby Lobby has great scrapbook paper for about 20 cents a sheet and you can hunt around in the yard for some skinny sticks (freeeeee! thanks nature!)

In other news, went to Michael's on lunch and got LOTS of yarn in fantastic colors. Hurray!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...