Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hej, jag heter Oscar. Trevligt att träffas!

Isn't he fancy? It's King Oscar of Sweden! To celebrate the 130 anniversary of Viking sewing machines, Husqvarna produced 2 machines naming them after Swedish royalty, Oscar and Sophia.

"These machines have been named after Oscar II, who ascended to the Swedish throne in the same year as the company made its first sewing machine (1872), and his wife Sophia."
[ source ]


Yesterday I purchased my very first sewing machinnnnneeeee!! He's a bit older, made in 2003, but the girl who sold it to me said she doesn't even know how to thread it, so it was never used.

I was cruising craigslist looking for one last week to no avail. Then yesterday there was a new post- I called immediately. She said 5 other people inquired about it but she decided on me because I sounded really enthusiastic (haha)! I am pretty excited and can't wait to get to know him better (just found the manual online!)

Thanks for the pioneering, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...