Tuesday, March 2, 2010

a collection of manuscripts, publications, and other materials for reading, viewing, listening, study, or reference

Oh libraries...
[ i would slay to have an old card catalog in my house... to keep recipes, knick knacks, buttons, art supplies, anything.... ]

Wouldn't it be so wonderful to have your own personal library/ study... with a fireplace, big overstuffed leather chairs... dim lighting except for a bankers lamp on a desk... rugs.. wall to ceiling shelves packed with books, records, old newspapers... WISHESSSSS. Aren't those libraries/ studies/ reading rooms so beautiful?
Maybe I don't have my own study, but I do feel lucky enough to have a brand new Houston Public Library branch next door to my office!

Hurrah! The new Kendall Branch is open! and its soooo pretty inside. So clean, fresh, new books, so organized, squeaky floors, shiny! It opened last week so I went today on my lunch break for an inaugural visit. The views from the windows are so pretty, it overlooks a great park. I borrowed 3 books about sewing and hand stitches. I can actually walk there, I just need to remember to keep a pair of comfortable shoes in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...