Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Puppydog sitting kitchen adventures

I'm staying in Cypress for a few days this week, taking care of 2 sweet puppydogs and a 15 year old cat. I brought a few crafting supplies, but by 7 pm yesterday, I wasn't really in the mood to set everything up. I decided to go grocery shoppin' in my parent's pantry to see what I could whip up. I saw cocoa powder, oats, coconut and marshmallows, so I knew I could make something moderately tasty and have something to do for an hour or so... (food as an activity and a treat!). I used this basic recipe for measurements (I cut them in half.. i did NOT need 3 dozen cookies..) but definitely strayed....threw in the coconut and marshmallows...

Starting out, mixin' all together!
Throwin' in the 'mallows...

Uhhh.. those don't look like cookies.... more like.. some sort of watery praline? They got all bubbly- the dough was way wayyyy too thin, come to think of it, it was more like batter than dough. I let them bubble for a while, took them out, and using two spoons, mushed them into little ... mounds, i guess?... put em back in the oven for 10 minutes.


They finally came out like this- little nuggets of chewy, brownie-ish, oatmealy marshmallow... thing. Who knows... but what matters is they taste pretty damn good and they made the house smell fantastic. Here's to tasty experiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...