Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nothing says Spring like cold, hard enamel!

I think will treat myself to a new pin this weekend, Replay on 19th in the Heights has a wonderful selection and I can't get enough of these brightly colored enamel pins, necklaces, earrings, etc. They're so bright, shiny and durable, a really good juxtaposition to a soft, comfy cardigan.

I'm completely enamored, lately, with this rich marigold color. I bought some yarn yesterday (oddly enough from the Vanna White collection... who knew she was into anything other than touching squares that light up?) and crocheted an extremely long two-rows-thick string to wrap around a little wreath (which will be embellished with these flowers in a red a white polka-dot pattern!) I think it will be nice and springy/summery looking.

Maybe it's because I couldn't really wear much orange/marigold when i had red hair (too much of a clash) so now I'm just going nuts with it. I have two pairs of heels in this color.

In the words of Miranda Priestly "Floral? For Spring?... Groundbreaking..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...