Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Homemade Tuesday! < 3

{image above found here}

Found this fantastic, so simple and very cute DIY accessory tutorial today over at A Beautiful Mess, via Smile and Wave (two of my favorite blogs!).
--------------------------------
I think I love the versatility most...the possibilities are endless! Hair clip, embellishment for handbags and clothing, (sweaters, coats!), a headband, home decor (would be so cute to bunch a few of varying sizes together on a wreath)... you can just keep going! And the second best thing I love: You may not even have to buy anything. You can use strips of patterned, old sheets, a shirt or even just fabric scraps. It can be 100% green... but of course if you don't have these things handy, you can buy a cool patterned fabric quarter (Joanne's/ Hobby Lobby), which would yield 2 accessories, for under 2 bucks.
------------------------------
Being the eager person I am, I went to Joanne's on my lunch and picked out a cute, sort of retro-ish red/pink/orange floral pattern that looked a little valentinesy. I made this hair clip in about 5 minutes (I am at work, so I had to hurry...) but I think I'll take a little more time on the next one... it was fun!
{above photos by me}
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...