Monday, February 15, 2010

Blues, Biscuits and Bows

Good Monday morning! I hope your weekend was relaxing & filled with love, tasty treats and champagne! Was a very relaxing valentine's weekend for me, did all the things I wanted to do, and none of the things I didn't.

Friday night my parents and I went to the Houston iFest Mardi Gras Party blues show with Marcia Ball and Texas Johnny Brown. Tx JB is 81 years old- he had so much energy! I hope I'm that awesome when I'm 81. Marcia is one of Dad's favorite musicians. He's been wanting to see her live for years and this show was exactly how he wanted to see her- front and center at a very small venue. It was a really great show.


I slept in on Saturday and enjoyed every second of it. I met up with a few friends for Chy's birthday lunch at Hugo's. First visit to that restaurant- it was very good. After lunch we went to Rudz for a few pints, and then it was nap time. I had some kind of allergic reaction to something I ate so I was taking benadryl this weekend which made me a very sleepy person.

There were so many things happening on Saturday, parties, shows, etc.. but I opted for a quiet night in with a good dinner and a movie. I made shrimp en brochette for the first time. I bought 8 large shrimp for only 2.50$ at Kroger, butterflied them, placed a thin slice of jalapeno and pepper jack in the middle of the cut, wrapped with bacon and broiled. I will definitely make those again.

Sunday morning, I made breakfast- used the rest of the bacon from the night before and paired with heart shaped biscuits! This was my second attempt at homemade biscuits and these turned out much better than the last time- I think it's all in the thickness of the dough when you cut your shape- these were 1/2 an inch thick and last time they were just too thin.
Sunday afternoon was lazy and relaxing. It got up to 70 degrees! So, so nice - ran a few errands (was a little embarrassed to put $ 0.78 my debit card at Texas Art Supply. I really need to carry more cash...), but mostly stayed in, watched a few movies and played with fabric and felt. Came up with a few neat little things.

I'm pretty excited about today actually. Do you know what today is? IT'S 1/2 PRICE CANDY DAY!! The only other day I am as excited about is the day after Halloween. 1/2 price boxes of assorted chocolatesss mmmmmm. At 10$ a box they're good, but at 5$ a box, they're absolute perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...