Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Perfect DIY Tomato Basil Soup

Hi hi! Happy Wednesday! How's the week so far? It's moving fast enough, I wish I didn't feel crumby. A few days ago I thought the ol' allergies were acting up, sneezing, stuffy...but last night the coughing settled in. Neat-o. And what do you crave when you're feeling a little under the weather? SOUP! I had a hankerin' for La Madeleine tomato basil soup for a few weeks (if you've had it, you understand...) and last night I scratched that itch. If you buy the soup at the restaurant in the jar, it costs about 8$ and serves...2.. maybe 3 as a meal. I spent under 10$ on the ingredients and made enough for 8-10 servings! I saved $30 bucks! It's super easy, albeit a smidge messy... I sort of had tomato sauce all over the place...and it tastes so good, y'all. Ok, it's not like.. low cal or anything what with the.. heavy cream and butter... but it is vegetarian! Woo! I bought a little sourdough baguette for .50 cents, popped it in the oven for a few minutes until the outside was crispy and served on the side/dipped in the soup. mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Here's the recipe I used!
Bon Appétit!

[soup photo: the googles]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...