Thursday, June 17, 2010

Artist Crush

Her name is Yiying Lu and how cute is she?!

She's the artist responsible for the Twitter "fail whale"... something I learned about just this morning. I heard the term while listening to the radio, googled it and discovered "When Twitter experiences an outage, users see the "fail whale" error message image created by Yiying Lu,an illustration of red birds using a net to hoist a whale from the ocean along with the text "Too many tweets! Please wait a moment and try again."


But what an adorable way to deliver bad news!
I instantly fell in love with her origami animals.





Below are a few more images from her site. You can even buy them in greeting card form! I want to get a few and frame them. I love the bright colors and especially the teal/orange combo.




Inspired! I want to stitch her little owl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...