Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Where mac and cheese isn't just a side, it's the main event....

Last Friday was a gorgeous day to venture on over to the Heights and wail on some mac and cheese for lunch. What else? Nothing else. We all had mac and cheese for lunch. Doesn't sound impressive? WELL IT IS.

Jus' Mac is "Houston's first and only establishment to exclusively cook and serve Macaroni and Cheese".

Exclusivity, y'all.

So here's the thing. I love mac and cheese, but I'm pretty damn good at making it myself. It's my mom's recipe and it's perfection.  It's gooey but the noodles aren't slimy...I use 3 different cheeses, I throw jalapenos and crushed red pepper in there.. (because if it's not spicy, why bother?)My roommate Nora recently brought some to a party and she over heard someone say "I want some more-a- that spicy mac and cheese!"

Hell yeah you do.

So on Friday, some of my lovely coworker ladies and I paid Jus' Mac a visit and I wasn't disappointed at all. I have absolutely no problem eating mac and cheese as the main course. It's delicious and filling. No, it's not health food, but I don't think anyone would really come here expecting a  "lite" menu option. It's served on a hot skilled with a lil' potholder handle (of course i burned myself because I burn myself on everything...) 

So without further ado, here's my photo tour and review combo of Jus' Mac.


 Where it's at

 Inside! Cozy...
 Tuscan mac, basil, tomato, garlic! SO GOOD. The basil tasted so fresh, such a good flavor!
 Taco-Mexi mac & cheese, with beef, tomato, onion, avocado and tortilla chips. THIS... is a meal.
 I feasted upon the jalapeno mac... because... well i had to compare! And it was good. I could only finish half.  

So that was our experience! It's not something I'd do every week for sure...maybe once every like.. 3 months or so...


I should mention that it's not as cheap as you'd expect... I got the jalapeno mac skillet and a blue moon bottle and spent a smidge over 10$...

If you happen to go, let me know what you thought!



1 comment:

  1. wow. i don't know how i live in houston yet haven't heard of this place!! i've gotta try it! mac-n-cheese is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...