Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm Thankful For: Part I

This is the first of a special set of Thanksgiving posts dedicated to highlighting what my friends and family are thankful for (since I'm so thankful for them!). I'll be posting them throughout today and tomorrow and encourage you to let the people you're thankful for know how much they mean to you!


I: by Stacy

"I am thankful for my wonderful grandmother and that I get to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with her! She’s been through a lot over the last few years – breast cancer, a double mastectomy, and now bladder cancer twice, which unfortunately isn’t responding well to radiation and chemotherapy this second time around.  We have to be realistic in that this may be our last Thanksgiving with her and although that makes me sad and angry and a whole mix of other emotions, I have to also think that I’m lucky to have had her in my life for the last 24 years. She’s always been there for me, we have a very close relationship, and besides always being supportive of me and full of words of wisdom, she’s never failed to make me laugh. She’s a typical Jewish grandmother, originally from The Bronx, and I will always think of her when I drink my cwoffee and walk my dwawg. Oy vey. I’m getting verklempt..."

Thanks so much for your story, lady! To read more from Stacy, be sure to visit her at Stacy Says!

She's good people.



Stay tuned for more stories of thanks to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...