Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Movin' on up ( movin' on up...) to the East side.. (of I-045)

{notes from the past...my future home}


It's official!! After 2 wonderful years in Montrose, as of Monday November 29th, Ryan and I will be residents of Tennison Lofts. We even get a shiny new zip code! 77002 downtown whaaaaat! We're vurrrry happy...but this whole process wasn't without it's "hairpulling" moments, I kept telling myself it would be worth it. It's such a cool old building, originally the Tennison Hotel, built in 1921. From the Tennison family site "Henry Booker Tennison commissioned architect Joseph Finger to build the Tennison Hotel at 110 Bagby Street in downtown Houston, TX.  The Tennison Hotel opened for business in 1922, and was among the closest of all hotels to Houston's Grand Central Station"

I'm super in love with the fact that the original brick is exposed in the loft:


View from outside, facing the Northwest:
On top of the parking garage is a fantastic, huge patio area with a beautiful view of downtown. I can't wait to see what it looks like at night.


Tennison Hotel:

Found this newspaper clipping regarding the funeral of H.B Tennison!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...