Wednesday, August 5, 2009

..because who doesn't need a little PM Dawn in their lives on a Wednesday afternoon?

[photo by michelle knoll]

I don't know what it is about 1992... I'm sure my sister can vouch for me on this one, but for some reason I remember the music of that year so clearly. I was 11 years old, Michelle was 8, and we spent endless hours at the Knights of Columbus swimming pool in Thibodaux, La. We'd get there so early in the day, mom would pack lunches and snacks (cheese or peanut butter crackers, you know.. the kind that come 6 to a pack..) and Big Red sodas (what is that supposed to taste like, anyway? Bubble gum?). They had this big radio by the lifeguard stand that was always tuned to the top 40 station. I posted a few songs that remind me most of these days-they just sound like Thibodaux in 1992- at the pool, spending simple summer days swimming, playing, being brown, blonde and 11.



Set Adrift on Memory Bliss - P.M. Dawn


Connected - Stereo MCs



Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

to be with you - mr.big

Move This - Technotronic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...