Wednesday, December 9, 2009

you smell like a book that hasn't been opened since 1966.


in. love. 1. Winter 1972: A field of untouched new fallen snow, hand knit woolen mittens covered with frost, a hint of frozen forest & sleeping earth.

2. In the summer kitchen: Fresh garden vegetables & herbs on a clear summer evening with a touch of smoked old wooden rafters.


3. In the library: English Novel taken from a Signed First Edition of one of my very favorite novels, Russian & Moroccan leather bindings, worn cloth and a hint of wood polish.


4. M #3/ November: Pumpkin Pie, Fallen Apples, Bonfire, Wood Smoke, Dried Grass, Fallen Leaves, Wet Branches, Damp Moss, Chanterelle Mushrooms and a hint of Pine Forest.


all found here: CB I Hate Perfume.


For the last 2 years I've been wearing this Pure Grace scent because it just smells clean, like soap and water, because I really dislike floral scents... In New York i bought this perfume from Zara because it reminded me of an antique store.. (and maybe a little hint of "fancy old lady")...but I think I may have found a replacement(s). Unfortunately, there are no retailers in Houston (only S.A. and ATX), so I can't sniff with my own schnoz before purchase but I'm happy they ship.


I pretty much want all of the above. The small bottles are only 12$ which is reasonable to try out.


*sigh*


I just want to smell like a library.

And I like his manifeso:

I hate perfume.
Perfume is too often an ethereal corset trapping everyone in the same unnatural shape
A lazy and inelegant concession to fashionable ego
Too often a substitute for true allure and style
An opaque shell concealing everything – revealing nothing
A childish masque hiding the timid and unimaginative
An arrogant slap in the face from across the room
People who smell like everyone else disgust me


* * * * * * *
Perfume is a veil that reveals the soul
Perfume is the fanfare of our individuality sounding differently to everyone who listens
Perfume is a signpost to our true selves – a different journey for the brave to travel
Perfume is the weather of our inner world bringing life to a personal landscape
Perfume is an art that shows us who we can be if we dare – an invisible portrait of who we are
Perfume is discovered fully only by our lovers when we are together - naked


* * * * * * *
I encourage you to be yourself,
expand yourself and please yourself
Allow yourself the luxury
of your own vision
Perfume is an adventure
I encourage you to explore
I love making perfume
I love being a perfumer

Christopher Brosius


Originally Written 1992


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...