Talkin' bout picklin', y'all! Nothing better in a spicy bloody mary than an okra pickle..or pickled green beans. They're just soooo good! I used to eat my Gammaw's pickled okra by the pound and.... srsly? They want like.. almost $4 for a small jar at Kroger. That's stupid. It can't be super difficult, right? Plus I like mason jars! What if I got like.. super good at it...and came up with some amazing blend of spices no one has thought of before and I pickle everything under the sun and sell thousands of jars at farmer's markets across the country??!!
We could have a slogan!!
You'll Relish Our Pickles?
Never a Dill Moment?
In other news, we roasted some sweet potatoes last night and made sriracha ketchup. It was fantastico!
If you've never had sweet potato fries (or in this case, not fried!) I highly recommend.
1.Scrub em up real good.
2. Slice em (like in circles) Then slice the circles in half.
3. Throw em in a big Ziploc with one tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Shake em up!
5. Throw on a cookie sheet and bake @ 445 (i know, it's hot!) for like.. 15 mins.
6. Flip em and bake em for 10-15 mins more.
7. Remove from oven and salt/pepper as desired!