Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cranberry Walnut EXPLOSION!

The awesome Miss Erin @ Reading My Tea Leaves posted this fantastic Epicurious recipe on her blog last week and I had to try it. It's what I was craving, only I didn't realize it yet.
It's still so so warm here in Houston. Too warm to get into the spirit of the fall season. My orange lights are hanging outside, the pumpkins are tucked in little nooks around the house, he horror movies are all over the airwaves...and it's 90 degrees. People are still having pool parties, walking around town in tanks, shorts and flip flops and the Frizz-ease is still flying off the shelves.
What's a Texan to do? Put the A/C on 60 and start baking. Sometimes you just gotta fake it, so I did and booooyyyy did the house smell good. I've baked 2 loaves in the past 2 days and there are mere crumbs left. Friends and family may all be getting muffins for Christmas.
Below are a few step by step photos of my baking process and the recipe is found here!
I threw almost 2 cups of cranberries in the mix instead of just 1, almost 3/4 cup of walnuts instead of 1/3 and stirred ground cinnamon in. FOR THE WIN.



1 comment:

  1. eeps! can't believe i missed these photos. now you've got me craving this bread all over again!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...