Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Market Square Park, Downtown Houston

Long time-no post! Things have been a bit crazy at work, no time to post, and honestly I haven't been taking photos like I used to lately, so today I will play catch-up.
I'll start with my little visit to the new Market Square Park in downtown Houston. Once a vibrant market hub in the middle of the city in the later 1800s, it fell into disarray, serving as a bus depot in the 40s and 50s and a parking lot in the 60s and 70s. Luckily the space has been rehabbed and is now a beautiful little park complete with fountains, gardens, a dog park and there's even a smaller version of Montrose's Niko Niko's Greek restaurant. [See this article to learn a little more. ]
After brunch with the fam on Sunday we walked over and I snapped a few shots. I can't wait to visit again, maybe get some lunch, when it cools off a bit.

[ Dog sculpture near dog park made from a tree that hurricane Ike brought down in Galveston in 2008]
[ city-scape sculpture]


[ September 11th memorial]




[ Unique water fixture/9/11 memorial, each stone represents a life lost on that day]
If you happen to be downtown any time soon, plan a little visit to this park. People attract people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...