Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Almond Crusted Chicken

TA-DA!
For my birthday my parents gave me a food processor. No idea how they knew I wanted/needed a food processor, so I'll call it good parental intuition. While perusing the internets for some dinner recipes involving food processors I came across this great one for almond crusted chicken. I made this last night for dinner and no one hated it. In fact, everyone really liked it, so huzzah! Will make again and you should give it a shot!

[Adjustment note: I don't have paprika or dry mustard...but what I do have is crushed red pepper. I threw about 1.5 teaspoons of that in there and it worked out great. Also used 1.15 lb chicken tenders instead of just 1 lb. I thought i would have enough "batter" mixture for all of it, but apparently I was coating the crud out of these chicken strips and had to make a 1/2 batch more. I had a total of about 10 strips.

[ enlarge to view ]


[ Adjustment note... 475 degrees is hot. like.. holy smoke...literally we had to open the doors because smoke filled the kitchen... I guess something was stuck to the oven rack and burned to a crisp when i was pre-heating. These directions tell you 475 for 20-25 minutes but I cooked mine at 400 for about 30-ish minutes. At the 15 minute mark I flipped them. ]
Here they are 1/2 way done, at 15 minutes.


They were juicy, crispy, delish, and not fried but coated in heart-healthy almonds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...