Monday, June 29, 2009

"I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird" - Paul McCartney

All the hopes i had for an artful outing on Friday were squashed when i woke up with a fever and quite swollen glands in my neck. frown. I called in to work, laid in bed and drifted in an out of uncomfortable sleep until my doctor's appointment. I got some antibiotics and allergy meds (because now, at the ripe old age of 27, i have developed allergies to tree pollen and grass, which i can not escape given my geographic location) and am now well on the road to recovery.

This coming 4th of July weekend will bring lots and lots of adventures and i need to be in ship shape for: [including but not limited to]

- trip to the airport to pick up precious cargo
- surprise dinners at undisclosed locations
- sunshine and water
- eggs benedict
- slumber parties
- fireworks
- cook-outs
- sleeping in on lazy sundays
- farmer's market
- mojitos and mimosas
- dancing
- smooching
- hot coffee in air conditioned cafes
- houston arts scene
- westheimer cruising

see?! so much to look forward to!
Although i kept pretty quiet this weekend, i did manage to get out during the day for a little while for some lunch and sight-seeing (until it became just too hot to handle). After a nice, long nap, I got a little brother-time in and went to the nighttime Houston Pride parade for a little while. Sunday brought delicious lunch and some much-needed visiting at mom and dad's house.
Below are a few photos from the Saturday wanderings and the parade, which really was a rainbow-laden spectacle.
I hope your weekend was filled with rainbows, too! (but no dr. visits..)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...