Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Snacks! Healthy Edition

I call meals "snacks"... because I think my favorite meal is comprised of snacks. If we go out, I'd rather order and share 3 or 4 appetizers/ small plates than one big plate or bowl of just one thing. I like to taste, mix it up, and have variations in a meal. At home, one of my faves is an assortment of cheeses, some fresh veggies, fresh french bread and herb olive oils. I like to think it's what I'd be eating if I lived in the South of France...drinking Bordeaux and being skinny. I wanted to share this snack idea:

Tonight we're having one of my new favorites, blueberries and goat cheese on water crackers. It's super easy to do- you can mash the cheese and berries up together or my favorite, food process  to a beautiful, creamy blue. There's just something about the tartness of the cheese and the light sweetness of the blueberries that go together perfectly. Plus blue food is always fun.

BONUS!
Goat cheese:

When compared to cow milk products like cheddar and cream cheeses, goat cheese is lower in fat, calories and cholesterol, has greater quantities of potassium, vitamin A, thiamine, niacin and is rich in protein

Blueberries:
One of the most antioxidant rich foods!
Blueberries also contain a high amount of vitamins, including: Vitamins B1, B2, B5 and B6, which help your body convert food to energy; Vitamin B3, which aids in lowering cholesterol; B12, which is good for your metabolism.

HURRAY!
The crackers aren't horrible for you either...I mean you can eat 10 plain at 120 cals. shazzam. They're pretty big crackers, man.

SNACKTIME, Y'ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me somethin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...